OF SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH, JAIPUR
This Institute undertakes goal-oriented applied research in the frontier areas of industrial biotechnology sponsored by government and industries as well as in-house research. Organisation of quality improvement as well as customised training programmes, conferences, workshops and scientific meetings in Biotechnology are among regular activities of the Institute. The Institute is recognised by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Government of India, as an R & D organisation. A modern library with facilities for literature search, access to other information centres, in-house development of databases etc. in an essential component of R & D. Towards this end the Institute has set up an Integrated Information Centre with a focus on Biotechnology.
Broad areas of current and planned Biotechnology related projects of the Institute are :
1. Bibliographic search through CD-ROM databases
2. Patent database search
3. On-line database access to public domain databases as well as paid access databases.
4. Protein and DNA sequence analysis
5. Molecular modelling and structural analysis
6. Telecom access to scientists
7. Access to bulletin boards and discussion groups through E-mail and Internet
8. Information about scientific meetings and conferences
Nearby Institutions/Universities expected to be benefited by setting up of this facility include :